Do you like the smooth, clean look of a hairless back? Men all over the world are waging war against unsightly back hair, leading to a manscaping revolution and a boom in back shavers for men.
A back shaver is a long-handled razor, allowing users to shave their own back hair. Back hair shavers come in various designs, like curved, adjustable and foldable handles to shave hard-to-reach areas. Shavers also come in disposable razor blade and electric versions.
There are a variety of back shaver models, and each with unique benefits, whether you’re looking for more maneuverability or a low-cost option. We’ve reviewed the best men’s back shavers that produce the smoothest results. Top shavers below.
Removing Back Hair
If you have grizzly back hair, it may be genetic. So, before attempting to remove your own back hair with a regular facial hair razor – stop!
Removing back hair typically requires assistance from a second person. The back is hard to reach and has unique contours. So shaving on your own presents challenges and risks.
With help, you can use a good body trimmer to help tame your back hair. But there’s a better way with a men’s back shaver.
We reviewed 7 of the top back shavers and rated them based on the results. We prioritized smooth, hairless results, followed by design, wet vs dry back shavers, battery life, and ease of use. Here’s a quick look at our picks, see full in-depth review below.
1. Mangroomer Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
The Mangroomer Ultimate Pro Back Shaver has a sleek black metal design with two shock absorber flex heads for a maneuverable shave across your back.
The long handle, power hinge, and “power burst” options make it a great tool for getting those hard-to-reach patches of hair. Best of all, it’s one of the highest-rated shavers thanks to its extra-wide blades, and it’s a cordless.
- Unique and patented design, shave back hair with ease along with thick and coarse hair.
- The charging time for the device is estimated to last for 3-4 years.
- 2 Interchangeable Shaving Heads – 1.8 inch ultra-wide,additional foil & bi-directional head.
- Follows body contours with the Shock Absorber Multi-Functional Flex Necks.
- Ergonomic Rubberized Handle with Extreme Reach (extendable).
- Advanced quick charge battery (NEW).
The Mangroomer Ultimate Back Pro is probably the best device for its ergonomic design, sharp blades, and flexible head. This shaver is also decently priced, despite being one of the higher-quality back shavers we reviewed.
The charging time may be a little bit longer, so just remember to keep this cordless back shaver on its stand overnight.
2. Platinum Pro by MANGROOMER New (Generation 8.0)
NEW – Platinum Pro by MANGROOMER. This Back Shaver features 3 Shock Absorber Flex Heads with Power Hinge, Extreme Reach Handle. This is their latest version (Generation 8.0) and comes in a 4 Piece Set plus Bonus Case.
- NEW DIY Back Hair Shaver with 18 years of research and development. Includes Bonus Storage Case & 3 Shaving Attachments.
- 3 Shaving Heads – 50% Wider 2.7 in. Ultra-wide Blad, 1.8 in. Detail Blade Head & Foil Blade Head for smooth maintenance.
- Includes Shock Absorber with Multi-Functional Flex Necks.
- Features Ergonomic Rubberized Handle with an Extendable Reach with lock in place.
- New Lithium MAX PLUS+ Battery lasts up to 5x longer.
The Mangroomer Platinum Pro is probably the best back shaver on the market.
However, the extra features rank this shaver as our best overall but also one of the most expensive.
3. Mangroomer Professional – Electric Back Shaver
Another sleek design by Mangroomer, the Electric DIY Pro back hair remover, with an easy to use bendable and extendable handle. This back hair removal tool is very similar to the Ultimate Pro (above) but is much less expensive.
I’ve used both tools and they are really similar in feel and weight. However, this model doesn’t have the flex heads.
- Extendable and Adjustable Handle with lock button.
- Rechargeable Battery Power with quick-charge.
- Premium Blade Design at 1.5 inches in width.
- Extreme Reach handle measures over 2 feet when extended.
- 100% Rubberized Non-Slip Grip Handle.
- Battery Charge: Up to 3 Hours.
The Mangroomer is pretty popular because of its modern, ergonomic design and flexible head. It comes with three refill replacement blades, making it one of the most valuable investments if you fight back hair constantly. It comes with a two-year warranty.
4. baKblade 2.0 PLUS Back Shaver
The BaKblade 2.0 Plus Back Hair Remover is a body shaver with a long, ergonomic handle that you can use in the shower or on dry skin.
It includes a full lifetime warranty guaranteeing the product’s durability (also making it one of the best shavers on the market) and the “Dryglide” safety technology sets this tool apart from others.
We also think it provided an exceptionally smooth result with very little friction. Customers also like the long battery power life.
- Bakblade 2.0 is a DIY back shaver.
- Patented technology: Dryglide safety blade. Shave wet or dry.
- Ergonomic handle.
- Extended reach: 18 inches when unfolded.
- 2.0 blade holder: holds 2 blade cartridges.
Almost 10,000 positive ratings can’t be wrong. The baKblade may be the best back shaver because of its design and extra sharp blades, but it’s also just easy to pick up and use whenever you want to get extra smooth back.
5. baKblade 2.0 Elite PLUS – Men’s Back Shaver
The baKblade 2.0 Elite Plus is another back and body shaver from the iconic brand that created the 2.0 Plus. The ELITE version is another wet/dry shaver, but it has three rows of blades.
The shaver can reach 18 inches with its extra-long handle, so it’s a little bit easier to use. Best of all, the Elite version comes with all the accessories, including an exfoliator brush.
- BAKBLADE 2.0 Elite has 3 rows of blades for a cleaner shave.
- The Dryglide safety blades offer the smoothest shave – wet or dry.
- 2.0 Elite shaver is 18 inches in length when fully extended.
- Has extra attachments.
We love that you can turn the baKblade 2.0 Elite Plus into a superior shaver and skin exfoliator tool with various attachments. It’s about $5 more than the regular 2.0 Plus, so it’s worth it to upgrade if you want these attachments.
6. Razorba Back Shaver
We decided to include Razorba Shaver as a low-cost option, but it’s technically a razor-holder with a long handle. It works with all disposable razors and most cartridge razors, particularly by the Gillette brand.
With no additional tools necessary, it’s a quick fix if you want something cheaper to help you reach those patches on your lower back.
- Patented back hair shaver for men yeti stick is compatible with most disposable razors.
- Shave conveniently in the shower.
- Ergonomically designed handle is 14 inches long.
- Can be used as a men’s back razor for men or body groomer.
- FREE Razorba GOAT 4.5-inch-wide disposable razor included.
- 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee & 1-Year Warranty.
We think this is a great tool for someone who already has a lot of disposable razors and just wants to extend their reach without purchasing any additional blades or changing their routine too much.
7. Lithium Max Plus+ by MANGROOMER – 50% Wider Electric Back Shaver
The New Lithium Max Plus+ by MANGROOMER (Generation 7.0). It’s a Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver. It boasts a 50% Wider Blade Design plus Power Burst.
- New advanced lithium MAX PLUS+ Do-It-Yourself electric back hair shaver (7th generation).
- Brand new 50% wider (2.7 inch) attachment head
- Foil body groomer with bi-directional head. Good for regular maintenance & shorter hairs.
- Multi-functional flex necks with shock absorber.
- Long extendable ergonomic rubberized handle with locks in place.
- New lithium MAX PLUS+ battery. Lasts 5x longer than a standard NiHD/NiCad battery.
We think it’s a little pricey to go for a manual back shaver that’s almost the same cost as the baKblade 2.0 Plus but without some of the convenience. However, we felt like you can get an extra close shave with the safety razor design.
Back Shaver Buyer’s Guide
From electric, cordless back shavers to handheld wet/dry manual razors with long handles, there are vast differences in these body grooming tools. However, the main things to consider include type, length of handle, and price.
Check out other Hair Removal Tools & Products for Men.
Here are some the features to look for when shopping for back hair removal tools.
There are two main types of back shavers: electric or manual. If an electric back shaver is what you’re looking for, you also want to consider battery-operated or corded versions. Some of the more expensive back shavers will offer 2-in-1 corded and cordless versions.
Electric Back Shaver
Electric back shavers tend to have a power cord that can be difficult to use while shaving your back, since you have to hold the shaver up over your shoulder. This is why it’s best to look for a cordless version.
Battery-operated or chargeable back shavers offer the most versatility and convenience. These don’t have cords so they’re easier to maneuver around your back. However, you should look at battery charging time and battery life before purchasing.
Manual Back Shaver
If you don’t want to fuss with a cord or charging, then manual is the other option. These are long-handle, cartridge razors with longer blades. These can go with you anywhere, but you’ll need to replace the blades often to get the closest shave.
Most back shavers include the blades that you’ll need to get started. Depending on the model, you’ll likely receive a cartridge razor for manual or a double-edge razor. These blades should be made from stainless steel for the closest, smoothest shave.
Length of Handle
The main difference between a regular shaver and a back shaver is the handle. You ideally want to have a handle that’s longer than 15 inches. Most handles are over 20 inches in length.
There are also retractable and extendable handles that can help if you have a longer torso. However, you should make sure that these lock into place, as you don’t want it to slip while you’re shaving. For this reason, it should also have a textured grip on the handle.
Flexibility and Ease of Use
When shopping for a back shaver, check out the comments and reviews. While most of these products claim to have versatile heads, some cheaper models have stiffer heads that don’t move with your contours as you shave.
Ideally, your back shaver’s head pivots as you move, avoiding nicks and cuts as you move across your shoulder blades, mid-back, sides, and torso.
When using these on sensitive skin, it’s important to always use shaving cream to avoid skin irritation, razor burn, and ingrown hairs. These back hair razors typically work with hard to reach areas, but if a blade cartridge is old and the razor blades are dull, these shavers won’t help much for a smooth back, even if it has a fancy patented design.
We hope that your back shaver lasts forever, but in the event that it doesn’t, you should look at products that have a warranty to cover broken or malfunctioning shavers.
Other brands have a money-back guarantee if it doesn’t work. These options are great if you’re purchasing online and want to ensure the product quality level is high.
Other Back Shaver Brands
We no longer feature these back shaving brands either because of poor quality or poor reviews.
- Fuze Brands
- Sigma Grooming
- Bro Shaver