With men’s shaving your bathroom is most likely filled with razors, blades, shaving creams, and other grooming accessories. You don’t need all of this to get the closest shave. The best electric razors offer the cleanest shave, plus detail trimming and even fading your beard.
The best electric shavers are built with steel blades that easily trim away facial hair while also providing precision attachments for edging, trimming, outlining, tapering and fading.
These top electric razors have high customer ratings. We tested each one to see which provides the cleanest, closest shave and other features that set our picks apart from cheap and inefficient electric shavers.
Over the years, electric razors have gotten closer to a clean-shave, but there still isn’t anything like a straight razor shave on the electric razor market. However, newer models with the latest tech are getting much closer.
Review Criteria: Ratings based on shave quality, easy-to-use features, customer satisfaction, price, razor bump prevention, effortless maintenance, cleaning and charging. Reviewed in no certain order.
Best Overall Shaver
At the top of our list is the Braun Series 9 electric razor. With its flexible head that moves with the contours of your face, you can get the closest shave possible with an electric shaver.
Durable and easy-to-use, you’ll love the shave so much that you’ll probably use it every day.
- NEW Braun Series 9 Pro – It’s a beast!
- ProLift trimmer with Sonic Technology to help shave 10% faster
- Navigate tricky areas better.
- Intelligently selects a cleaning program.
- 5-in-1 SmartCare cleans, lubricates, dries, and charges.
- German made & designed to last 7 years.
- Wet & dry shaver is 100% waterproof.
- Use with foam, gel or in the shower.
The Braun Shaver Series 7 7893 offers a silky, clean shave at a good price. The 7893 is part of a series, and while these also produce high-quality clean shaves, they come with different attachments and guards.
The 7893 includes everything you’ll need to get a great shave or even fade your beard, and you won’t have to spend over $200 to get it.
Best All-In-One Shaver
Close to the Braun Series 7 shavers is the Philips Norelco S9000 Prestige electric razor. It’s easy to use, and works with short or long facial hair. With its brushed aluminum design, the Prestige works for wet and dry use.
It’s the latest shaver from Philips, which also makes it smarter. The display is easy to read and very useful for changing speeds. The SmartClick trimmer attachment, premium travel case, cleaner brush, and charging pad are all included with the package.
We found it was easy to get a clean-shave, as well as edge and fade our facial hair with the Prestige.
- Exceptionally close shave in fewer passes.
- NanoTech precision blades.
- Smooth shave with SkinComfort rings, a special protective coating for each shaving head.
- BeardAdapt Sensor for custom beard density.
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, 60 minutes of shaving time & numeric LED display.
- Comes with click-on precision trimmer, premium travel case & power cord.
Close-Shave Electric Shaver
Braun also created another top-notch razor with the Series 9. The Braun 9370cc is the best of this line with five synchronized shaving elements and incredible Sonic technology.
This smart electric razor also has an auto-sensing motor that tries to shave more hair with each stroke. The trimmer attachments are also coated in titanium, which is better for sensitive skin and a closer shave.
Topic hair fiber is well known as the top hair building fiber spray on the market currently. The brand has built a genuine keratin fiber spray that works for both women and men.
- World’s most efficient electric shaver. Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
- Use wet or dry. Now with 20% more battery power
- Product designed, engineered and made in Germany. Recommended by GQ and the Skin Health Alliance accredited
- Tested on 3-day beard vs. leading premium tier products. vs. previous Series 9″
The pivoting head is an impressive touch that allows you to get the closest electric shave. You can also attach several guards or beard trimmers, including the direct and cut trimmer, which allows you to cut hair safely, even when it grows in a different direction than other facial hair.
This powerful shaver is the perfect option for any type of facial hair length, and it can be used for wet and dry shaves. The LED indicator shows battery life, hygiene status, and travel lock indicator.
Best Value Shaver
Looking for the most comfortable electric shaver? The Remington PF7500 comes in a contemporary white style.
It’s best for close shaves, and it has cordless or corded options. With its waterproof design, you can use it for wet and dry shaves. We also found that it held a charge for a few days before needing to go back on the charger.
- Intercept Shave Technology pre-trims hairs, reduces snags for the best shaves.
- Pivot and Flex head adjusts to face angles for close skin contact even.
- QuietDrive Motor is 20% quieter and with less vibration.
- Pop Up Detail Trimmer.
- Powerful Lithium Battery, 60 minutes of runtime, charge indicator light, 3x longer battery cycle life than NiMH batteries.
- Cordless or Corded convenience.
- 5 minute quick charge.
The PF7400 is the most popular shaver from Remington. It’s also the highest-quality shaver from the brand in the past few years. It has a sleek 3-blade shaving system with a flexible shaving head, but it doesn’t get as much movement as the Braun Series 7 or Series 9.
The best part about this shaver is that you can unplug and still get a strong battery life for shaving on the go. It’s also easy to clean and perfect dry or wet shaving. The pop-up trimmer attachment is perfect for light grooming in between shaves.
We also looked at many of the more affordable shavers and tested each one for clean shaves. The YOHOOLYO Shaver brand creates wet/dry razors that are completely waterproof and cordless.
While it’s not as close of a shave the first time as we like, the YOHOOLYO has incredible power and gets pretty close to clean with its floating shaving heads.
- Wet and Dry that’s IPX 7 waterproof.
- 3D Floating Shaving Head with pop up trimmer.
- Intelligent LED Display.
- 2-prong Charger + USB Charging Cable & fully charged in 1.5 hours.
With multiple speeds, you can use turbo mode to get a faster shave. With three floating heads and precision steel blades, you can use the ultra-thin double-track cutter to comfortably shave without skin irritation.
The package comes with shaver heads, storage pouch, charge cord, and cleaning brush.
Panasonic recently upgraded the Arc5 Razor to a new model with all new features. The latest version is the ES-LV67, which includes all accessories and cleaning station. With its chrome plating and button operation, you can instantly start shaving.
This 5-blade razor gets pretty close to clean, but we noticed a few areas that were difficult for the blades to reach.
The pivoting head moves with your hand easily, easily adapting to your chin and jaw, and it includes a built-in sensor that monitors hair density and automatically adjusts. You’ll get a perfectly even, precise shave with the Panasonic Arc5.
- High-Performance Motor.
- 5-blade cutting system with precision stainless steel inner blades.
- 70,000 cross cuts per minute, for quicker, smoother, and more efficient shaves.
- Flexible 16-D Shaving Head to pivot in 16 directions to contour skin in close contact.
- Advanced Intelligent Density Sensor ensuring smooth & even results.
- Wet or Dry Operation with Built-in Trimmer.
The matte white and black design on the YASUN electric razor is pretty attractive, but this isn’t just a razor in a pretty package. Under $30, this exceptional foil shaver is a cordless, rechargeable razor that uses ultra-thin foil technology to get the closest shave.
We found that the YASUN gets an incredibly close shave, and the anti-pinch system means that you won’t get any nicks or cuts either.
In addition to the titanium plated heads, YASUN also has some smart technology, including a charge light indicator and USB charger.
- Ultra Thin Foil Technology for a closer shave.
- Intelligent Shaving System with 3 floating blades & anti-pinch system.
- Safety Lock/Trimmer/Features
- Pop-up trimmer, charge light indicator & USB charger.
- Powerful Lithium-Ion battery with 80 minutes of shaving.
- IPX7 Waterproof.
- 2-year warranty.
Electric Razor Buyer’s Guide
Shaving should be as simple as picking up your favorite razor and cleaning away hair that you don’t want. That’s why you should always dig into the features of any electric razor and find the ones with the best blades and latest technology.
Many electric razor brands change the models or add new features every other year, so we’ve put together a list that shows the perfect profile of our favorite razor.
The following features offer the most value for any electric razor:
Type of Blades
Most electric shavers come with 3 or more blades with the more expensive, premium products having 5 or more blades. These blades are typically made of steel.
However, these shaver heads will also use a shaving system with thin foil, which is typically coated in titanium. This type of reduces irritation from such close shaves. With thinner foil, shaves are cleaner and allow you to create the perfect edges.
One of the main issues with older razors was that the couldn’t move with the contours of your face to get close shaves around the mouth, nose, and jaw. With the pivoting head design, you get a flexible shave that almost hugs the hair before removing it. You’ll love the silky smooth finish with a more flexible shaver head and thinner foil technology.
From regular to turbo speeds, there are typically 2 to 3 speeds included with modern shavers. Speed indicators are typically found within the same LED panel as the battery life. Other shavers use a button to change speeds.
Cordless or Corded
For easier and effortless shaving, cordless electric razors are best. You don’t have to maneuver around any wires. However, the shaver suffers when battery life is low. You may see the speed and power drop.
However, corded shavers never lose any power, making them stronger overall. However, you do have to deal with a long cord that can get tangled up.
Accessories and Attachments
The accessories and attachments should always provide more value. Some of the most common features we’ve seen in modern electric shaver sets include:
- Multiple guards
- Pop-up trimmer and nose hair trim attachments
- Travel case
- Cleaning tools
- Charging pad or USB charger
Finally, any razor you select should have a travel safety lock so you can quickly turn off your razor and stop it from draining battery life while you’re en route. It sucks to arrive after traveling and not have a fast shave before a meeting because you need to charge the razor.