Are you tired of the same old boring hairstyles? Do you want to make a statement with your hair? Look no further than the scissor fade! This cutting technique has taken the world of hairstyling by storm, and for good reason. You can achieve a natural, blended look that works with any hair length with a scissor fade. But how do you get the perfect scissor fade? It all starts with using the right tools and techniques.
The scissor fade is a hair design that gradually increases hair length from the crown to the sides and back, resulting in a high-contrast look with a masculine aesthetic. You’ll need manual scissors to skillfully merge the hair lengths into a seamless and refined result to achieve a flawless fade. Consider using styling products to create different effects, such as combing the front strands back or parting them to highlight individuality while keeping the lines precise and strict for a laconic appearance that stands out from the crowd.
In this article, we’ll dive into the ins and outs of scissor fades and show you how to achieve the perfect cut. Say goodbye to boring haircuts, and hello to the scissor fade!
Best Scissor Fade Haircuts
Scissor Fade Long On Top
The Scissor Fade Long On Top is a gradual transition of hair length from short sides to a longer, layered top resulting in a seamlessly blended, polished finish that adds depth and dimension to any head shape and hair texture.
To style the Scissor Fade Long On Top, apply a small amount of pomade or hair wax to damp hair and blow dry with a round brush to add volume. For a more natural look, air dry and apply a texturizing spray for a messy, tousled effect. The best part of this haircut is that it can be easily customized to suit any personal style and is perfect for those who want a low-maintenance yet chic look.
Low Scissor Fade
The Low Scissor Fade is a technique that gradually blends hair length from short to long, creating a seamless gradient effect, resulting in a polished and sophisticated look that can be customized to suit any style.
To achieve this look, consider using manual scissors and follow the shape of your head for a precise and personalized cut that adapts to your needs, making it suitable for any hair type, and it can be combined with a beard extension for a natural and soft appearance.
Mid Scissor Fade
The Mid Scissor Fade is a hair transformation technique that seamlessly blends hair lengths from short to long, creating a polished, gradient effect that looks like a work of art.
This mid fade is ideal for men who want to achieve a natural, laid-back look without sacrificing style and sophistication, and can be easily styled with a bit of hair product to achieve a variety of looks, from a sleek and polished finish to a more textured, tousled look.
High Scissor Fade
The High Scissor Fade is a precision hair transformation that seamlessly blends hair lengths from short to long, creating a bold contrast and natural finish, ideal for those seeking a sharp and polished look. For optimal results, request a personalized cut tailored to the shape of your head and hair type, and consider adding a beard extension for a sophisticated touch.
Scissor Fade With Quiff
The Scissor Fade With Quiff is a precision-oriented hair transformation that blends the hair length seamlessly, creating a dynamic, bold appearance that accentuates facial features and boosts confidence.
To achieve a perfectly styled Scissor Fade With Quiff, apply a small amount of pomade or styling cream to damp hair, blow-dry upwardly, and use a comb to create a voluminous quiff. The benefits of this cut are its versatility, customizable length, and suitability for any hair type, making it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to make a statement.
Light Scissor Fade
The Light Scissor Fade haircut is a meticulous technique of gradually thinning hair to create a seamless gradient effect that adapts to the shape of the head, resulting in a polished and sophisticated look.
It is perfect for those who want to customize their hair length and create a natural and soft appearance while also being suitable for all types of hair, from curly to straight, with a combination of beard extension adding a classy feel.
Scissor Fade Asian
The Scissor Fade Asian haircut gradually blends hair lengths from shorter sides to longer top, creating a seamless and polished gradient effect that accentuates facial features and head shape.
This haircut allows for various Asian fade looks, such as slick-back, messy texture, or side-parted. It can be customized for any hair type or texture, making it a chic option for those who want a fresh and modern appearance without sacrificing their style.
Curly High Top Scissor Fade Haircut
The Curly High Top Scissor Fade Haircut is a personalized, adaptable, and precise technique of shaping hair that follows the natural lines of the head, resulting in a sophisticated and natural look that can be easily changed and maintained.
To style, use a texturizing product to enhance the curls and create volume at the top while keeping the sides and back neatly trimmed and blended with scissors for a seamless fade.
Scissor Cut Skin Fade
The Scissor Cut Skin Fade is a hair transformation that smoothly transitions from short to long hair without any visible lines or abrupt changes.
This haircut is highly customizable to suit any hair type and head shape, giving a natural and sophisticated look that can be paired with a beard extension for added elegance. Styling tip: Ask your hairstylist to follow the lines of your head to achieve a flawless and personalized cut that adapts to your needs.
Scissor Fade Haircut With Glasses
The Scissor Fade Haircut With Glasses is a precision hair sculpting technique that seamlessly transitions hair length from shorter sides to longer top, creating a natural and soft look that accentuates facial features. To style, use a texturizing product to add volume and definition, and pair it with glasses to achieve a sophisticated and refined aesthetic that complements any outfit.
Disconnected Scissor Fade No Clippers
The Disconnected Scissor Fade No Clippers is a precise and personalized hair shaping technique that seamlessly blends longer hair at the top with shorter hair at the sides, resulting in a natural and soft look that adapts to any hair type.
To achieve a successful Disconnected Scissor Fade No Clippers, it is important to follow the shape of the head and create a continuous, unnoticeable fade line, which can be customized to different lengths and styles depending on personal preferences, making it an attractive option for men looking for a natural and sophisticated look without the need for clippers.
Scissor Fade Slick Back
The Scissor Fade Slick Back is a hair design that creates a seamlessly blended gradient effect, transitioning from shorter to longer hair towards the top, resulting in a polished and refined appearance.
To style this cut, apply a small amount of pomade or styling cream to damp hair, combing it back and away from the face to achieve a sleek and sophisticated look that can be easily customized to suit any personal style.
Good Looking Scissor Fade
The Good Looking Scissor Fade is a hair grooming technique that seamlessly transitions hair length from longer on top to shorter on the sides and back, creating a natural and polished gradient effect.
This haircut can be customized to suit any hair type and personal style, allowing for easy maintenance and a sophisticated appearance. To style, use a small amount of pomade or wax to add texture and definition to the longer hair on top while keeping the sides and back neatly trimmed for a sleek and modern look.
Scissor Fade Combover
The Scissor Fade Combover is a hair sculpting technique that seamlessly blends hair lengths from short to long, creating a natural gradient effect that accentuates the head’s shape and contours.
To style the Scissor Fade Combover, apply a small amount of hair product to damp hair and use a comb to create a side part. Use a hair dryer and a round brush to create volume and shape, then finish with a light hairspray to hold the style in place. The benefits of this haircut include its versatility, as it can be customized to suit any head shape and hair type, and its natural and sophisticated look that exudes confidence and style.
Scissor Fade Curly Hair
The Scissor Fade Curly Hair technique creates a seamless gradient effect by gradually transitioning hair length from shorter to longer towards the top of the head, resulting in a natural and soft curly fade look that can be adapted to any hair type.
For best results, the length in each area of the head can be personalized, allowing for a great look that can change from week to week, and can be paired with a beard extension for a sophisticated and classy feel.
Scissor Cut Fade White Guy
The Scissor Cut Fade White Guy look is a personalized and adaptable approach to hair trimming that creates a natural and soft appearance, suitable for any hair type, with a clean and sharp finish that is easy to maintain.
To achieve this, hair length can be customized in different areas of the head and paired with a beard extension for a sophisticated and classy feel.
Scissor Taper Fade
The Scissor Taper Fade is a precise and gradual blending of hair lengths, resulting in a polished gradient effect, perfect for those seeking a look that exudes effortless style. To style, use a small amount of pomade or wax to add texture and definition, or leave it natural for a more relaxed look.
Scissor Fade Side Part
The Scissor Fade Side Part gradually transitions from shorter to longer hair on the sides and back of the head, creating a seamless gradient effect for a dramatic and polished finish.
The Scissor Fade Side Part makes way for a wide range of looks from sleek and sophisticated to more casual and relaxed, while the longer hair on top can be styled in various ways, such as slicked back, messy, or textured, for a personalized touch.
Long Hair Scissor Fade
The Long Hair Scissor Fade is a gradual thinning of hair from short to long, creating a seamless gradient effect, achieved by blending hair length using scissors over comb technique, resulting in a polished and sophisticated finish.
For a natural and soft look, this haircut is perfect for any hair type, adaptable to the needs of each individual, and can be customized to suit any personal style. Styling tip: Comb hair in the direction of the fade for a seamless transition between the different hair lengths.
Pompadour Scissor Fade
The Pompadour Scissor Fade haircut is a daring and voluminous hair arrangement that features a striking contrast between the longer hair on top and the shorter sides, creating a seamless gradient effect that transitions from shorter to longer hair towards the top of the head, perfect for those who want to stand out and make a statement.
To style this cut, you’ll need to use a blow-dryer and pomade to achieve its iconic look, which can be time-consuming but worth it for those who want to turn heads.
Benefits of the scissor fade haircut
The scissor fade haircut is a popular hairstyle that has recently gained much attention. This slick hairstyle can be customized to suit any hair type or face shape. Here are some of the benefits of getting a scissor fade haircut:
- Versatility: The scissor fade haircut can be customized to suit any hair type, length, or texture. It can be styled in various ways, including slicked back, messy, or textured.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike other hairstyles, the scissor fade requires minimal maintenance. It only needs to be trimmed every 2-4 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows.
- Accentuates Facial Features: The scissor fade haircut accentuates the wearer’s facial features. The fade is usually shorter on the sides and gradually gets longer towards the top, which draws attention to the face.
- Creates a Sharp Look: The scissor fade haircut creates a sharp, clean look that is perfect for any occasion. It gives the wearer a polished and professional appearance.
- Suitable for Any Age Group: The scissor fade haircut suits any age group, from young kids to older adults. It is a timeless and classic hairstyle that never goes out of fashion.
The scissor fade haircut has several benefits, including versatility, accentuating facial features, creating a sharp look, and being suitable for any age group. It’s a popular hairstyle that has gained much attention over the years and is a great choice for anyone looking for a classic and stylish haircut.
How to choose the right scissors for your hairstyle?
Choosing the right scissors for your hairstyle is crucial to achieve the desired look. Here are some step-by-step instructions to help you choose the right scissors for your hair:
- Step 1: Determine the type of haircut you are going for. This will help you decide on the type of scissors you need.
- Step 2: Consider the length of your hair. If you have long hair, you may need scissors with longer blades, while shorter hair may require shorter blades.
- Step 3: Look for scissors with sharp blades. Sharp blades are essential for a clean cut and to prevent split ends.
- Step 4: Choose the right type of blade. There are two types of blades: beveled and convex. Beveled blades are more common and suitable for everyday use, while convex blades are more expensive and require professional handling.
- Step 5: Also, choose between straight or curved blades. Straight blades are suitable for precise cuts, while curved blades are ideal for creating layers.
- Step 6: Look for scissors with comfortable handles. Comfortable handles are essential for a good grip and prevent hand fatigue.
- Step 7: Consider the weight of the scissors. Heavy scissors may cause hand fatigue, while lightweight scissors may not provide enough control.
- Step 8: Decide on the length of the scissors. Scissors come in various lengths, ranging from 4 inches to 9 inches. Longer scissors provide more control, while shorter scissors are more suitable for detailed work.
- Step 9: Think about the material of the scissors. Scissors can be made of stainless steel, titanium, or ceramic. Stainless steel is the most common and affordable, while titanium and ceramic are more expensive but provide better durability.
- Step 10: Consider your budget. Scissors can range from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars. While expensive scissors may provide better quality, spending a lot of money on a pair of scissors is unnecessary if you are not a professional hairstylist.
Selecting the right scissors for your hairstyle requires careful consideration of several factors, including the type of haircut, length of hair, type of blade, handle comfort, weight, blade shape, length, material, and budget.
How to get the scissor fade haircut
To get a scissor fade haircut, you will need to follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Step 1: Choose the length of the fade – Decide how gradual you want your fade to be. A low fade starts with longer hair and gradually shortens, while a high fade starts shorter on the head and fades quickly.
- Step 2: Cut the top – Decide on the length of the hair on top and cut it accordingly.
- Step 3: Start the fade – Cut the hair on the sides and back of the head using scissors, starting with a longer length and gradually working your way down.
- Step 4: Blend the fade – Blend the shorter length of hair with the longer length on top by using scissors to cut in a sweeping motion.
- Step 5: Move to the other side – Repeat the same process on the other side of the head.
- Step 6: Use clippers – Once you have achieved the desired length on the sides and back, switch to clippers to blend the fade further.
- Step 7: Taper the back – Use scissors to taper the hair at the back of the head, creating a smooth transition.
- Step 8: Clean up the neckline – Use clippers to clean up the neckline and create a defined shape.
- Step 9: Style the hair – Wash and dry the hair, then style it as desired.
- Step 10: Maintain the haircut – To maintain the scissor fade haircut, you will need to trim the sides and back regularly to keep the fade looking fresh.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can achieve a stylish scissor fade haircut. It is recommended to seek the help of a professional stylist if you are unsure about any of the steps or if you want a specific look.
Over to You
The scissor fade haircut is a versatile and stylish look that can be tailored to any man’s individual style. With the right barber, you can get the perfect cut for your hair type and face shape. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and get the perfect scissor fade haircut for your unique style.
What is a scissor fade haircut?
A scissor fade haircut is a trendy hairstyle that features a gradual thinning or tapering of hair near the scalp along the sides and back of the head. This technique creates a seamless gradient effect, transitioning from shorter hair to longer hair towards the top of the head. Achieving the perfect fade requires the use of manual scissors to gradually blend the hair length into a smooth and polished finish.
How do you ask for a scissor fade?
To ask for a scissor fade, explain your personal style and the aesthetic you want to achieve, and bring a picture of the fade you want. Discuss how short you want your hair to be on the sides, back, and top. Make sure to communicate clearly with your barber to ensure you get the desired result.
Is a scissor fade better?
A scissor fade is a cutting technique that creates a smooth and blended look without the need for electronic gadgets. It’s perfect for those who want a natural and soft look, and can be personalized to match head shape and hair type. Scissor fades are suitable for any type of hair and can help emphasize head shape and create dramatic lines and angles. However, it should only be attempted by barbers.
How long does a fade haircut last?
A fade haircut typically lasts 2-3 weeks before it starts to grow out and lose its shape. However, the exact duration can vary depending on factors such as hair type, maintenance, and how fast your hair grows. Regular touch-ups every 2-4 weeks can help maintain the look.