In the past, microneedling and derma rollers were only available in clinical settings. Today, you can purchase the best derma roller for microneedle and use them at home to repair skin and even promote hair growth.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a topical procedure performed with a derma roller tool that lightly penetrates the skin. The tiny needles of the roller lightly puncture the dermis to create new collagen and repair skin.
Microneedling is typically performed on the face and scalp to treat hair loss, wrinkles and scars.
What is a Derma Roller?
A derma roller is a tool used for microneedling procedures. The rollers, typically have 500 tines or “teeth”, come in different needle diameters and constructed from plastic, titanium or gold.
Common treatment areas are head and face to used to regrow hair, reduce lines, and acne scars. In addition, men use beard derma rollers to help beard growth and fill in patches.
Microneedling may be the best thing yet for your skin and facial hair and is a natural treatment for hair growth. If you want to skip a trip to the dermatologist, the top derma rollers are available online. Here’s a look what features to look for and the best microneedle rollers currently on the market.
Top Derma Rollers for Hair Growth
Struggling with acne scars and hair loss? Microneedling derma rollers may be the answer.
From hair growth kits with derma rollers and serums to the perfect microneedle size for large acne scars, the B&B team reviewed the best derma rollers on the market based on results, design, durability, and extra perks.
1. Glemme Derma Roller Biotin Kit: Best Overall for Hair Growth
While microneedles work for skin care and hair regrowth, the Glemme Derma Roller Biotin Hair Growth Product Kit is an absolute must-have for anyone experiencing hair loss or slow beard growth.
With 0.5mm needles and a full biotin serum, this derma roller easily rolls over your scalp and face, lightly pricking the skin to boost collagen and hair follicle growth. It’s one of the few microneedling derma rollers we found that came with a biotin serum.
- ✅ What is a derma roller? The needles are used to make tiny pinpricks into the skin. The pricks penetrate into the dermis just deep enough in depths sufficient to stimulate the production of new cells and boost circulation albeit without causing...
- ✅ Natural Biotin hair serum. Consisted of pure natural extracts (vitamin, squalane, ginger, rosemary leaves), the hair growth oil will give you stronger, more healthy-looking hair and help create smoother, more vibrant hair free of frizz, split...
- ✅ Does the derma roller really work? Using the derma roller has proved that it is very effective in treating hair loss through clinical research, studies, and trials. It is safe for your scalp and hair, as well as the rest of your body, and was...
- ✅ Suitable for all hair loss conditions. Despite the fact that there are different conditions of hair loss like alopecia areata, androgenic alopecia (AGA) or the most difficult case called alopecia totalis, fortunately for you, the derma roller is...
- ✅ 100% GUARANTEE AND ONE YEAR WARRANTY. We aim to offer the highest quality and most authentic products. We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it for a FULL REFUND within 365 days. Perfect...
- Stimulates hair growth
- Includes biotin hair growth serum
- Real results or money back
- Some customers reported serum caused rash, so test first
After testing this product, the B&B team discovered that it really works. This kit also offers greater value because of the serum and massage comb. If used every night, you’ll likely see hair growth and refined skin texture.
2. Priotone Titanium Needle Roller: Best For Anti-Aging
Priotone has created a 2-in-1 microneedle derma roller that offers anti-aging and hair growth benefits. The design includes titanium needles that stimulate your skin and hair follicles.
Although a bit new to the market, so far, Priotone has received over a hundred positive ratings from customers.
- EFFECTIVE – This technology has been used for many years by professionals. Today this beauty therapy is also available for home users. Many users have achieved great results in a short time period!
- LUMINIOUS GLOW – Using our cosmetic instrument you are able to stimulate your skin and create a smoother and luminous look. Priotone microderm roller is used also as a scalp needle roller and beard stimulator for growth. It is the needle roller for...
- SAFE – The Priotone titanium roller has been specially designed for home use by selecting the suitable needle length, the best materials and tested ergonomics.
- JOIN THOUSANDS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS – Innovation and quality. Our philosophy is to study and improve our products constantly. Based on our world class partners we are always able to offer high quality at reasonable prices
- GUARANTEE – We care about customer satisfaction. We therefore offer a 30-day 100% money back guarantee. Add To Your Cart Now!
- Stimulates hair growth
- Safe .25 mm needle size
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No real unique features
The B&B review team saw results in just a few days using this microneedle derma roller. It’s nice knowing that Priotone also offers a 100% money-back guarantee if it doesn’t work. The B&B team found skin texture to be smoother with some significant hair growth by week two.
3. BeautyBio GloPro Microneedling Regeneration Tool: Best Premium Derma Roller
The BeautyBio GloPro microneedling tool doesn’t seem like your everyday derma roller. That’s because it’s not. With its patented microneedling technology and MicroTip attachment, you can reverse signs of aging and wrinkles, as well as improve hair growth.
- Product Type:Luxury_Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:9.88 " L X2.38 " W X 7.88 " H
- Item Package Weight:1.5 lbs
- Country Of Origin: China
- Fast results with innovative technology
- .3 mm MicroTip needles
- Most expensive derma roller
While the cost may deter some from this premium product, it’s worth the cost when you see the results. With a .3 microneedle size and microdermabrasion technology at home, the GloPro tool guarantees a 30% reduction in wrinkles in just 30 days.
4. StackedSkincare Microneedling Tool: Best for Wrinkles
We’ve seen many aestheticians use this easy-to-use micro-roller by StackedSkincare with its 0.2mm stainless steel needles. It works for evening out wrinkles and bumpy skin texture, but it can also reduce acne scarring and dark spots.
- Gently Micro-Exfoliates - This spiky wonder tool uses safe stainless steel needles to gently micro-exfoliate and creates the appearance of smoother, plumper, firmer-looking skin.
- Smoother Looking Skin - The micro-roller helps minimize the appearance of wrinkles and creates plumper, firmer skin.
- Works on All Skin Types - safe and effective on all skin types and textures.
- Stainless Steel Needles – Safe 0.2mm steel tips micro-exfoliate without causing pain or injury to the skin.
- Even Application Roller – Narrow micro roller makes it easy to target facial curves and the rolling mechanism passes evenly across the surface of the skin.
- Gentle on skin
- Designed by aestheticians
- Stainless steel .2 mm needles
- Slightly more expensive with no unique features
For the price and design, StackedSkincare achieves something very minimal and easy to use. Best of all, it’s gentler due to the smaller needle size.
While it may not work for hair growth as well as skin texture smoothing, the B&B team noticed some small hair growth around the jawline in patchy areas.
5. Sdara Skincare Derma Roller: Acne Scar Remover
Sdara’s Derma Roller takes microneedling to another level with 450 titanium micro needles measuring .25 mm. We noticed a visible transforming in pore size, bumps, and pock marks just from using this tool over 14 days. It’s also one of the more affordable microneedling tools available.
- GLOW: Treat your skin to a spa day at home with our face needle roller that will instantly give you a smooth, youthfully radiant glow. Pair with your favorite serum for increased absorption!
- RENEW: Our micro derma roller tool is great for helping brighten the appearance of dull-looking skin for overall facial rejuvenation.
- VERSATILE: Safe and simple to use, our 0.25 mm derma roller kit can not only be used as a face roller, but also as a scalp or beard roller to help stimulate hair and beard growth.
- AFFORDABLE: Microneedling sessions can cost thousands. Our microderm roller lets you have professional results from the comfort of your home. Looking good has never been this affordable!
- SKINCARE GIFTS: Whoever you’re shopping for - a partner, a BFF, or yourself, our derma rollers make the ideal Valentine's Day gifts for her, him, or anyone looking to upgrade their skincare routine.
- .25 mm microneedles
- 540 titanium needles
- Proven to work with almost 7,000 ratings
- Some customers reported defective wheels that popped or broke after a few uses
With almost 7,000 4-star or higher ratings, Sdara has achieved legendary status with this derma roller. From the B&B team’s perspective, this microneedler led to glowing, smoother skin with less visible wrinkles and fine lines. Best of all, it seems to work for thousands of customers, too.
6. PURA D’OR Vitamin C Serum – Hyaluronic Acid & Retinol plus 0.25mm Derma Roller
If you’ve been looking for a beard growth kit that actually works and costs under $20, then the PURA D’OR Beard Derma Roller Kit for Beard Growth is your best bet. This is a 2-piece kit with a 0.25 mm microneedle derma roller and beard growth serum with built-in hair growth stimulants.
- HYPERPIGMENTATION & DARK SPOT CORRECTOR FOR FACE: The combination of potent ingredients in our Vitamin C Serum can help soften the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tones, dark circles, and hyperpigmentation.
- YOUTHFUL, RADIANT LOOKING SKIN: Helps reduce the appearance of signs of aging and stress. Our Derma Roller helps exfoliate the skin to promote collagen production. The super antioxidants from the Vitamin C Serum help soften the appearance of wrinkles...
- THE PERFECT SIZE: Our Vitamin C Serum with the 0.25 mm Derma Roller promotes healthy looking skin. 0.25mm is a perfect size because it is neither too small to be ineffective or too big to leave adverse effects.
- FLAUNT YOUR RENEWED SKIN: The Vitamin C Serum, when applied to the skin after rolling, maximized the beneficial impact by softening the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy skin, happy customers. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
- Includes beard growth serum
- .25 mm microneedles
- Works for hair and beard growth
- Old formula smelled – new formula doesn’t
The combination of the serum and .25mm derma roller lead to an increase in hair growth almost immediately. We suggest using this derma roller if you have slow beard growth or patchy facial hair. This one-two combination with a serum led to significant results.
7. Dr. Pen Professional Microneedling Tool: Best Skin Care Tool
Frankly, if you have issues with hair loss and skin texture, we don’t think there’s another tool that can do what Dr. Pen can. The Dr. Pen Ultima is a precision microneedling pen with vibrations that work almost like a microdermabrasion device.
In just 15 days or less, you’ll see dramatic results, including fewer wrinkles and dark spots.
- ✅ ORIGINAL DRPEN A6S is an UNBEATABLE CHOICE. Created by professionals for professionals!!! DUAL MODE (WIRED / WIRELESS): easy to use for face and body
- ✅ Dr. Pen Ultima A6S Pen: NEWEST and IMPROVED model of most popular Dr.Pen Ultima A6 Microneedling Pen
- ✅ BE HAPPY and BEAUTIFUL with our micro needle derma pen as a 10000's OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS of Dr.Pen products
- ✅ GET THE GLOW – Use best professional tools to promote beautiful, healthy skin, in the comfort of your home
- ✅ Dr. Pen A6S Pen is developed based on the highest American Standards. We are confident in our microneedling pen and offer RISK-FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
- Combination of microdermabrasion and microneedling tool
- Includes all cartridges needed to work
- Money-back guarantee
- Most Expensive
- Directions are a little lacking
The Dr. Pen comes with 6 pen cartridges, including different sizes. The B&B team found that this instrument works best for complexion problems, but it also stimulates hair regrowth. There’s a 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t see results.
8. Alphaluxy Derma Roller: Best for Patchy Beards
Alphaluxy created a premium beard growth kit with a titanium microneedle derma roller and hair growth activator serum. The derma roller has 450 titanium needles, but it’s the activator serum that seems to work really well. The serum includes jojoba oil, argan oil, castor oil, and vitamin E.
- ✅ THICKER HEALTHIER BEARD - Our Derma Roller for Hair Growth for Men with our special Beard Activator Serum stimulate facial hair growth and awakens hair follicles. The Titanium Beard Roller stimulates the production of collagen and blood...
- ✅ PREMIUM 100% ORGANIC BEARD GROWTH SERUM - INGREDIENTS PROVEN BY SCIENCE: Activate your dormant follicles and strengthen your hair, delivering vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, needed to grow your facial hair. Made only with natural...
- ✅ THE MOST EXTENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE MARKET: after your purchase, we won’t leave you alone with the product. You will get our FREE ebook guides to microneedling, so you will feel confident and safe when dermarolling your scalp or beard and...
- ✅ 90 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! ✅ SAFE AND PAINLESS - Our Roller has the right needle length to guarantee a safe, yet EFFECTIVE treatment.
- ✅ MANY PRIZES & GIFTS are waiting for you! Join our community to get extensive support and to participate in our contests and giveaways! Perfect gift for men on Birthday, Valentine’s Day and Christmas. Click Add To Cart and get the confidence you...
- Titanium microneedles
- Excellent beard growth serum with argan and jojoba oils
- Full lifetime warranty
- It could be a little sturdier
- paint comes off if using alcohol
The B&B team really loved the texture and smooth application of the beard serum along with the microneedle roller. You can feel it working, and after using it every day for two weeks, you’ll see significant growth in patchy areas or even in receding parts of your hairline.
Derma Roller Buyer’s Guide
According to the first study on microneedling in 2005, derma rollers can be used to trigger your skin’s rejuvenation process, particularly for wrinkles around the eyes and lips. Another derma roller study in 2008 showed that microneedling led to a 400% increase in collagen production.
However, new studies indicate that microneedle derma rollers also work for hair growth, whether used on the scalp or beard. The fine needles can trigger hair follicles to start producing hair anywhere on the face and body.
How does a Derma Roller Work?
Derma rolling works by penetrating the skin and activating the healing process, releasing collagen and elastin. These powerful proteins make the skin smoother, firmer, and less pigmented.
When hair follicles are triggered by these tiny needles, users also see new hair growth.
High-quality microneedling treatments use fine, titanium needles with roller heads to activate skin healing and hair restoration. Some benefits of microneedle derma rollers include:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Decreased appearance of stretch marks and scars
- Reduced acne scarring
- Facial rejuvenation
- Hair regrowth
When used in combination with Rogaine (Minoxidil), derma rollers become a powerful tool for restoring hair follicles.
Do derma rollers work? Many customers have reported amazing results from microneedling on Reddit and Amazon. It only takes a few minutes each day to induce collagen healing and smooth over acne scars.
For growing new hair, that’s the bigger question. A study of microneedling on androgenetic alopecia patients proved derma rollers promote hair growth in some cases. Other Reddit users also cosigned derma rollers for hair growth. However, it should be noted many users apply minoxidil or other topical hair products along with microneedling to promote their hair growth.
What size is best for microneedles when considering skin smoothing or facial hair growth? Microneedles range in size from 0.25 mm to 2.0 mm or longer. The choice depends on what you’ll be using the derma roller for.
For example, skin scarring may need a 1.0 mm to 1.5 mm derma roller. However, hair regrowth may need a 1.5 mm or 2.0 mm needle size.
Design and Materials
Most microneedles are made from titanium, but you’ll also find high-end derma rollers made from gold. Both trigger healing and hair regrowth, so it’s unclear if one material is better than the other. However, it’s recommended you should avoid plastic microneedles.
Skin Rejuvenation or Facial Hair Growth
Here’s where you’ll need to pay attention to the microneedle size. In general, you want longer microneedles to trigger hair regrowth, so go with a 1.5mm to 2.0 mm or higher.
If using for skin smoothing and scar reduction, you may want to go with a 1.0 mm to 1.5 mm microneedle size.
However, always follow the product recommendations for your specific treatment. When in doubt, always consult a medical professional.
How Much Does Microneedling Cost?
The derma rollers are relatively inexpensive and cost between $15 – $30 and you can get them anywhere like CVS, Walmart, and Amazon. However, pro microneedling kits like the Dr. Pen Ultima A6S Professional Microneedling Kit can run upwards of $150.
While the roller products vary in construction and some in design, they are inexpensive in comparison to other skin treatments and hair restoration methods. A must-have beard growth product.
With a trained technician, microneedling costs between $100 – $700 per session depending on the treatment required and desired outcome. Typically, people require 3 – 6 sessions to see the best results that may cost $600 – $4,200 in total.
Why use a Derma Roller?
To stimulate collagen production is the primary goal of any derma roller. That’s hard to tell by just reviewing products online, so the first tip is to always check customer reviews before purchasing any derma roller.
Do derma rollers work for hair loss?
Yes, derma rollers can be a natural and effective method for treating hair loss if used in consistently. Though it’s not an exact science, thousands of people, along with several studies and clinical trials, have shown hair growth success with microneedling.
Can microneedling reduce acne scars?
Yes! In fact, this is what they were initially made for. Along with reducing acne scars, microneedling has collagen-boosting benefits that also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Is microneedling safe for sensitive skin?
Microneedling technology uses tiny needles around 0.2 mm to 0.5 mm in size. Smaller needles may be best to start with if you have sensitive skin issues.
Does microneedling hurt?
Rolling needles over your skin may sound painful, but the needles are so tiny that it’s not harmful at all. Instead, these microneedles were designed to penetrate and trigger your skin’s healing phase without hurting you.
In multiple studies, derma rollers have proven to heal and smooth skin, while also promoting beard growth in some cases.