Struggling with a frizzy or curly beard – you’re in luck? A beard straightener will take your grooming to a new level. Straighteners are the latest trend in beard products to help achieve the straightest beard and are gentler than using a blow dryer.
Beard straighteners use heated plates or brushes to smooth out beard hair gently, creating a sleek, relaxed look. Straightening tools work well for everyday use or special occasions and combine well with beard oil or balms to make facial hair shine.
Do Beard Straighteners Really Work?
Today’s beard straighteners work exceptionally well, offering exceptional results. However, results may vary depending on the plates and construction of the straightener.
The latest beard styles have shifted focus more on using heat tools to straighten and smooth hair over using products or brushing alone.
We reviewed several of the latest beard straightening tools, including flat irons, heated brushes, and combs. Our reviews looked at how well the tool worked, as well as other features, warranty, and ease of use.
Here are our top picks for beard straighteners (not in any order):
1. cNXUS Ionic Beard Hair Straightener Brush
This straightener brush can be used on all hair types, and it’s incredibly easy to use. CNXUS is a popular straightener brush brand that works differently from other products thanks to ionic technology.
The negative ions break up water molecules in wet hair into smaller drops for maximum hair follicle penetration.
- Detangles hair and straightens it instantly – leaving behind a shiny, sleek, frizz-free beard.
- Advanced MCH heating ensures rapid, uniform heating and prevents damage to your hair.
- The LED screen displays the temperature of the hair straightening brush – so you know when it’s ready to use!
- Easy to use and easy to clean – perfect for busy individuals on the go!
For one, it’s designed to look and feel like a traditional brush, but it has even heat distribution. This lets you straighten your beard faster, and it works on thick, coarse hair as well.
With heating options from 300F to 450F, the brush does get extremely hot. You likely don’t need to set this to the highest temperature to get fantastic results.
We found that this straightener really softens and smoothes out any frizz, but be careful as it may burn your skin at super high temperatures.
2. DOLIROX – Multifunctional Beard Straightener
The DOLIROX Mens’ Beard Straightener is Multifunctional. It’s a dynamic Electric Hot Comb Hair Styler.
- A multifunctional beard straightener that includes a heated beard comb, beard balm and hair straightening brush.
- Helps keep your beard in check while straightening and conditioning it at the same time.
- Can be used on both short and long hair lengths, making it perfect for everyone.
- Comes with a one-year warranty to guarantee your satisfaction with the product
IMHO this is the best value of our reviews as it also comes with Beard Balm and Dual Voltage Beard Straightener Comb. See more details and reviews on Amazon.
3. Aberlite MAX (Upgraded) – Ionic Beard Straightener for Men
Many of the beard straighteners we tested and reviewed didn’t have such a unique design. However, that’s not the case with Aberlite’s Beard Straightener MAX edition. This brush is the first to have 40 metal-ceramic heating plates built into the design.
The Aberlite MAX straightener also has anti-static coating on bristles to move the brush through your strands seamlessly.
- This straightener is specifically designed for beards of all shapes and sizes.
- The brush helps to straighten the hair quickly and easily, while the temperature-controlled comb ensures even coverage across the entire beard area.
- The lightweight design makes it easy to travel with, and it features an automatic shut-off feature in case you accidentally leave it on too long.
- Guaranteed satisfaction: Every Aberlite EDC Beard Straightener comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
You don’t have to set this straightener to the highest setting to get incredible results. However, we suggest only using this if you have a longer bread with at least 1.5 – 2″ long facial hair.
4. Tame the Wild Ionic Beard Straightening Brush
Do you have a wiry beard? Tame the Wild Ionic Beard Straightening Brush may be the perfect tool for taming your hair and getting that professional beard.
This brush uses ceramic heating plates and offers temperatures up to 400F but doesn’t overheat, and it has a safety lock and automatic shut-off features.
- Tame The Wild Pro Beard Straightener is designed to tame the wildest of beards in just a few short minutes!
- Premium heated beard brush with anti-scald ionic generator – protects your face from burns and harsh bristles.
- 12 temp settings – perfect for every type of beard and hair!
- LED display with real-time temperature updates – always know what temperature you are using so you can achieve the perfect results every time!
Safety and ease-of-use features make this brush one of the best that we reviewed. It easily brushes through coarse hair and smoothes out all the frizz so curls and waves remain flat.
5. Arkam Deluxe Beard Straightener (Ionic)
Looking for something lightweight and affordable to keep the frizz away? The Arkam ionic beard straightener is all electric and offers dual hair styling tools. It’s easy-to-use, has an anti-scald feature, comes with a premium travel case & beard comb.
- Achieve salon-quality results with the Arkam Beard Straightener for Men.
- The heat-up time is fast and the detachable brush makes it easy to get all of your beard hair in contact with the heating plates.
- The hard shell case protects your device from scratches, and the included travel case lets you take it with you wherever you go.
- Includes a dual action hair comb for finer control when styling your beard, as well as an anti-scald feature to keep your skin safe
With its clean design, Arkam looks more like a comb and operates just as simply. The comb heats up and allows you to style your facial hair straight and natural.
It works well with short beards and long beards. 30 second rapid heat technology goes up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Arkam beard straightener brush does soften and smooth your beard hair but requires some work. We found it took at least 2 to 3 passes, and there were still flyaways. These were easily tamed with a beard balm.
6. BEARDCLASS Premium Beard Straightener
The BEARDCLASS premium beard straightener is a fast heating electric straightening comb for men. It has anti-scald technology, adjustable temperature, and is easily portable.
- Made for Beards: With shorter and closer bristles, it works perfectly for all beards.
- Heats quickly: Beard straightened fast, while the ceramic coated bristles protect your skin.
- Compact & lightweight: making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- Works for all beard sizes – thick or thin beard.
With its sleek looks, it works even on thick beards. Within a minute, you can straighten and remove frizz, straightening your beard hair until it’s perfect.
We found that beard hair remained smooth and straight well after using the BEARDCLASS. It’s a solid tool.
7. Cayzor Beard Straightener Comb (upgraded)
The Cayzor is a comb beard straightener that actually works well. The upgraded tool is a professional electric beard straightener.
- Get that sleek, professional appearance with the Cayzor Beard Straightener Comb.
- Heat up your beard quickly and easily with the 5 adjustable temperate settings.
- The LCD display is easy to read, and will let you know when your beard is at its desired temperature.
- The carrying bag makes it easy to take your Cayzor Beard Straightener Comb with you wherever you go!
The heated brush is easily portable and has anti-scald features, 5 adjustable temperatures and LCD display with carrying bag.
You can use the Cayzor beard straightener for combing your hair and beard while getting pin straight. We found combing makes hair easier to style, but if your hair is very curly, this may not be the best tool to use.
Plenty of beardsmen already reap the benefits of beard straighteners, but can this tool help your look?
Just like a flat iron or other straightening tools, beard straighteners work by passing hair through plates or a heated brush. Typically, these tools reach adjustable temperatures of 300F, ranging up to 450 degrees (F).
For short beards, straightening takes less than 5 minutes. For longer beards, it can take 30 minutes or less to get a perfectly coiffed beard.
See our Complete Beard Straightening Guide.
While beard straighteners used daily aren’t harmful, higher temperatures may cause heat damage to your hair follicles and skin over time.
Don’t crank the heat setting. Many men can get a smoother beard without going above 300 degrees.
Straightening Brush vs Flat Iron Design
Men have been using blow dryers, flat irons, and straightening brushes on their beards for years. Now heated beard straighteners are the newest tool.
Straightening Beard Brushes
Straightening brushes or hot brushes use heated plates, bristle brushes, and combs to smooth out wavey, curly hair. Sometimes, a brush moves easier through your facial hair when it’s shorter and more coarse.
Flat irons or straightening irons typically have two ceramic or titanium plates that flatten your hair as you move through your strands. Some irons have larger plates than others, making them difficult to use. Smaller plate straighteners are more manageable.
The flat iron will create a completely flat, silky beard. The straightening brush is easy to use and leaves more volume with longer beards.
Are Beard Comb Straighteners Effective?
Like the brush and flat iron designs, comb straighteners also use plates. However, having a shield helps separate and smooth hair without catching in the teeth.
Some combs are less effective than brushes and flat irons because you have to use it on smaller hair sections. So, it could take a few minutes longer to straighten.
Best Straightened Beard Styles
Which Beard Straightener is Best?
Out of all the beard straighteners that we looked at, we really liked the design and ease of use with the Cayzor Beard Straightener. The design and safety features make it simple to straighten your beard for that suave effect without snagging or accidentally burning your skin.
Straightened Beard Look Examples
Straightened beards have a sleek, cultured feel that looks soft and polished. When styled, these beards look incredibly posh. However, it does take some time to straighten your beard, and if you don’t have the right face shape or hair length, it may not be the best look.